At the beginning of each day, each service team member creates an admin time entry that is used to record all of the unassigned time between other tickets.
This time entry should be 15 minutes or less each day. If it is longer, make sure there is an explanation written in the admin entry notes. Small tasks such as “Restarted ConnectWise to apply updates” would be recorded here.
- After saving all other time entries for the day, note the Total Hours number at the bottom of your time sheet
- Click the + icon to create a new time entry
- Type Admin in the Charge To field, press TAB, click Admin
- Type 8 in the Start Time field then press TAB
- Type 5 in the End Time field then press TAB
- Enter your Total Hours number in the Deduct field
- Set Work Type to Admin
- Set Billable to Do Not Bill
- Save and Close this time entry
- Check your Total Hours at the bottom of your time sheet again, it should now be 9.00
- If it is not 9 hours, modify the deduction time on the admin entry until it is